Storage & Thawing
Flint Provision has mastered the secrets of bringing you fine quality meat, delicately aged and meticulously packed. All steaks are vacuum sealed in air tight, vacuum packed pouch bags and frozen at the peak of freshness. Your shipment should arrive frozen, as long as it is cold to the touch it is wholesome.
If you are not going to use your steaks right away freeze your steaks. No matter the quality of meat it will spoil if it sits too long in your refrigerator. It will last longer once it has been prepared, but cooked meats also have a limit on freshness. The best advice is use it fast or keep it frozen.
- We do not recommend re-freezing thawed product. Prepare and enjoy once it is thawed.
- Our vacuum packaging is designed for frozen storage. Keep meats in their original package until you are ready to use them.
- We do not recommend freezing prepared (cooked) products. Refrigerator leftovers promptly and consume as soon as possible.
Thaw and care
As meat thaws it can become vulnerable to bacterial contamination if not properly thawed.
- Remove meats from the freezer a day before you plan to serve them and thaw 23 hours in your refrigerator.
- Never thaw meats at room temperature or under hot water.
- We also advise against thawing meats in the microwave, a process that can affect the tenderness and flavor.